Tuesday, May 12, 2009


Nick Janine and I went out to dinner at Tomagowa's (one of Nick and Janine's favorite restaurant) with a couple of Nick's teachers. At dinner I was able to try a few of the more exotic foods from the trip like heart, cow cheek, and guts. As the food was being ordered most of what was said I missed due to the language barrier but "guts" I understood perfectly. If you can get past the fact that they still look like intestines its not too bad. I did notice however Nick and Janine didn't get an order of the guts soup for themselves. After Dinner it was a late night of singing karaoke, karaoke is huge in Japan and I have to admit really fun I was hoarse for a couple days afterwards. This was one of the last nights in Kitakata and the next night was followed up with another late night of karaoke. This trip was such an amazing time, getting the opportunity to meet awesome people, see the interesting and beautiful country, eat delicious food and hang out with Nick who did an amazing job of making this trip so memorable. Thank you everyone who made this trip a possibilty it couldn't have come at a more needed time for me and I can't tell you how much I appreciate it. I love you all.
-Jonny

No comments:

Post a Comment